Hotel recommendation for Rio de Janeiro

Perplexed

I'm looking for a reasonable hotel in a decent area just for 1 night. Any suggestions ?

I was just about to post the exact same question!

I'm looking for a decent, not too expensive, safe hotel in Rio
I hear Copacabana beach area is more dodgy than Ipanema beach area - so maybe a hotel recommendation for Ipanema beach?

I'm looking for a decent, not too expensive, safe hotel in Rio
I hear Copacabana beach area is more dodgy than Ipanema beach area - so maybe a hotel recommendation for Ipanema beach?

I heard these stories before i went also but still ended up staying there and it was the best thing that could have happened. Rio is all about the beach, not just the tanning but the atmosphere around it. It was a few years ago so sorry I cant help with the name of the hotel, but there are plenty around that area

i stayed on beach at Ipanema end of Copacabana last September- booked it through hotels.com. The Windsor if I remember right, 3star. It was just off the beach front.
No problems, no hassle, except from the hawkers on the beach

Very quiet at night which surprised us as we thought there'd be loads of bars nightlife etc.

Perplexed - I'm not going till 5 May, so looks like we wont bump into each other!

Thanks for the recommendations!

Delboy was that the Windsor Martinique Copa Hotel ?

It gets a fantastic write- up on Tripadvisor if it is. Also sounds fairly reasonable. Think I'll give it a go.

Stayed in the Excelsior (4 star i think) on the Copacabana, right on the beach fron. There's a cool roof terraced pool and bar with great views of the surrounding city and beach. Great hotel

Had no hazzle in the area, was out most nights as well. Just apply a bit of common sense and you'll be grand. You'll even be able to join the locals on the beach for a bit of night time footie!

Back