Hotel Reccommendation near Italy/Croatia

Old Jim

I am booking my honeymoon for July. So far my plans consist of 4 nights in Venice and 6 nights in Dubrovnic. What I am also looking for is a 3rd centre for 4/5 nights. Somewhere in the region of either of these two destinations. The most important thing we would like is a nice hotel. A bit of luxury that doesn’t cost the earth. Nice room, balcony, nice view, maybe Jacuzzi!

So if anyone has any recommendations for good hotels somewhere near the Adriatic (East Coast Italy/Croatia/Slovenia etc.) I would be grateful.

We stayed in Hotel Croatia in Cavtat (adjacent to Dubrovnik-very pretty). It's "five star", not by Irish standards, but good facilities and five star prices. If you're going, make sure and ask for a sea view as the park view leaves a lot to be desired.

There is a key post on Croatia-check it out.

Hi I stayed in a place in Slovenia just north of Ljubjana called Lake Bled. It is an absolutely beautiful part of europe. Not to sure about quality hotels but if there was one there that would be the place. Another option would be to head south in Italy and then you could get a ferry over to Dubrovnik. 6 nights is a long time Dubrovnik for me as i dont like to sit by the beach all day, but there are some excellent day trips available from there into Bosnia or serbia.

I know i didnt recommend any hotels - sorry - but thought a few ideas might help.

Thanks guys, I think you could be right about 6 days in Dubrovnic. Need to re-think that one. Good idea about Slovenia, I had a look and found a nice hotel in Llubliana with good reviews from tripadvisor. South Italy might also be a plan, anyone any ideas of nice areas along the south or east coast of Italy to visit?
Again, thanks both of you for the suggestions.

Hi there

I highly recommnend the Excelsior Hotel in Dubrovnik. It is about 5 mins walk to the Old Town and the sea views are fantastic. We put in a request for a sea view and got it at no extra charge - the view alone is worth the price of the hotel.
They have good facililties - indoor and outdoor swimming pools, private bathing area, beaty treatments, cocktail bar, various restaurants etc. The buffet breakfast was great too.
I can't speak highly enough of Dubrovnik either. There are lots of cruises and trips based from Dubrovnik and the city itself is amazing. You certainly won't be bored!
Enjoy the trip

Thanks all, ye are certainly my job of booking this honeymoon a lot easier!
More questions, Is there ferry links between Dubrovnik and Venice or Slovenia? What are these like?
Also, I plan to fly to Venice and return from Dubrovnik. What carrier flies to both these places? I think Ryanair fly to Venice(treviso?) from Dublin but not so sure about Dubrovnik