Hotel or B&B in the Dublin area ??

butterfield

As I live in Dublin I'm not the best person to know the above and have an American couple who will be on "honeymoon" who asked for my advise.

This is for next February, 3 days around 18th. The first part of their trip is organised and they have a final 3 days at the end. They are 65 ish and are looking for something reasonably priced, either hotel or B & B.

Anyone help or recommendations appreciated.

I;ve stayed in La Stampa hotel which is lovely and they have a couple of amazing rooms for honeymooners. It's about €200 per room but brilliant location on Dawson St and boutique hotel so lovely atmosphere.

Do they want to be city center based ?
The Grand in Malahide is very nice.

Thanks for replies and yes "Red" - would want somewhere central for them. Thanks for tip about Gresham it had crossed my mind.

Im a Dubliner and stayed in the Mercer hotel this year beside Stephens Green. Lovely hotel couldnt fault it.

The refurbished Shelbourne has to be top of anyone's list. Not sure what their rates are like now but it's perfectly located.

I wouldn't suggest the Gresham, not a great area, particularly for people new to the area, and at night. Stay south side of city.

My sister stays in the Mercer and she's pretty fussy - have to agree with shkyler. The other place she stays is the Trinity Capital Hotel - never heard her complain about this one & she stays there a lot (no affiliation with either)

I suggest searching on Tripadvisor.com, you will find that based on recommendations you should be able to find somewhere suitable.

The Anchor Guest House is a nice spot in the B&B area on Gardiner str.
My UK friend stayed there for 3 nights and was pleased with their service. The rate was under a hounderd euro per room

something reasonably priced
I;ve stayed in La Stampa hotel which is lovely and they have a couple of amazing rooms for honeymooners. It's about €200 per room but brilliant location on Dawson St and boutique hotel so lovely atmosphere.
:eek:

The OP said somewhere reasonably priced !:)

What about the ex Jurys or Berkeley Court hotels ?

http://www.d4hotels.com/ballsbridge_court.html

and don't Bewleys in Ballsbridge also do a room for 99 euro per night ?

http://www.bewleyshotels.com/ballsbridge_hotel_dublin.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Back