Hotel near Pisa Airport

carina

Hi guys,
I am going to Siena via Pisa airport in Sept.
Prob is only flights appear to be late at night meaning I land near midnight on my own.
Need to check into a hotel as close to Pisa airport as possible before starting my journey the following morning.
Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks...

Hi Carina

Had the same problem earlier this year. There is no where in the airport complex. Its only 5 mins into Pisa at that time by taxi (think it was 8 euro) so if you're getting a train to Siena I would recommend staying somewhere near the train station.

Sara

Pisa Airport is incredibly near the city; in fact, it's almost in the city. I've walked it a couple of times with hand luggage.

Carina,

get a taxi from the airport and stay near the railway station - there are a number of hotels there - I've stayed in the area on a number of occasions - can't remember the name of the hotels but http://www.venere.com (www.venere.com) is a good website for hotels in Italy.

If you haven't been to Pisa before - it's worth seeing the leaning tower but not much else there. Sienna however is to be savoured!

Enjoy

jph

Pisa is a very pleasant place to wander around. Avoid the area around the tower; it's the tackiest tourist trap in the world.

We go to Italy every year and fly into Pisa as I often dont get in until midnight we walk to Milano Hotel about 5 to 10 mins away (as we found it hard the first time to get a taxi we walked) now we just strole to hotel to breath in Italy ( we travel light). The hotel is very basic but cheap and clean all you need for a few hours kip until you move on to your destination.

Thanks a million guys! I am actually now going on a recce in June as I am moving to Siena in Sept.
Am very excited!
Didn't realise the airport was so close to the city.
Cheers for the replies.

Back