Hotel near London's Waterloo station

Shawady

I have to get a train from Waterloo station soon and may have to overnight in London. I've been looking at some hotels but they seem very expensive in that area.
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel near Waterloo station?

There is a brand new Travelodge in the area, I stayed there a year ago and although it was basic, it was very clean.
[broken link removed]

Premier Inn, County Hall, is very convenient, usually competitive Browtal

Hi Browtal

Thanks for this recommendation. I stayed there on Sunday night and it was excellent.

It might not be suitable for a family as it's a basic hotel, but the room was excellent. You can check in and check out without actually talking to anyone which I found very efficient. As it's at the back of the building behind the London Eye, you don't get the noise you might get at the front.

They have an hotel on Leicester Square as well, but as it was not coming up when I tried to book it, I called them. I ended up getting an automated booking service where I had to name the hotel and the night and the number of people etc., which was all very fine until they confirmed the booking back to me and I was about to book a room in the Premier Inn in Leicester.

Brendan

There is a brand new Travelodge in the area, I stayed there a year ago and although it was basic, it was very clean.
[broken link removed]

Never stayed there, but I did get this the other day:

Come to the capital for a break to remember! Travelodge is well-known for its low prices, but with this special discount of £20 off a night in London, you’ll have even more in the bank to spend on seeing the sights.
With 17 London hotels available in this offer (5 opening in the last year), you can choose from some of the best locations in the heart of London.
Use discount code HA65420G to book a stay between 15 March and 30 April 2012*. Hurry, offer ends Wednesday 29 February