Hotel - LHR

brodiebabe

Can anyone recommend a hotel at London Heathrow Airport? Needs to provide shuttle service to and from the hotel.

I'm going to be staying in Premier Travel Inn (or whatever they've changed their name to). They're usually a decent hotel without costing the earth. I do believe you have to pay a small fee for the bus to and from LHR...because of the rules - Hotel Hoppa it's called.

Novotel is ok too. Nothing too special but for a bed for the night, sound. Hoppa costs 3.50 or 4pounds each way

Try priceline for hotels I got a room in the Marriot 4 star for 55 Euro on a Saturday night.It was really nice
About 4 free buses run to it from the airport or the hoppa is about £4
The jurys is closer to the airport and i think the hilton is in the airport terminal 4

Priceline can give you good deals for Hotels near LHR certainly - I've got some good deals (though not quite as good as bleary's!) this way - there's a lot of hotels and competition is pretty stiff

There's a Jury's Inn as well which is very new and just beside Hatton Cross Tube Station (on the perimeter of Heathrow - first stop on the Picadilly line) - might get a good deal there.

None of the hotels provide free shuttle services - The Hotel Hoppa is a bit of a rip off especially if there's a few of you

It's not very well publicised but within the area close to Heathrow (including Bath Road along the northern perimteter where most of the hotels are) all local buses are free

I've stayed in the Holiday Inn on Bath Road and the Jury's Inn. Like EvilDrK says the Jury's is right beside Hatton Cross tube which is dead handy if you want to head into the city. The bed and the fittings were a bit better quality in the Holiday Inn but the Jury's was fine plus the glazing is a marvel. It is on the final approach to one of the runways, so it is mad to see these planes silently making their way in. Also agree with DrK on the bus, found the free bus travel very useful once I knew where to go but it is easier to get the Hoppa from the airport if you aren't sure of what bus goes where (alternatively for Jury's it is a little cheaper to get the Tube to Hatton Cross or just look for a bus going to Hatton Cross as several do). Haven't had the pleasure of any of the other hotels so I couldn't possibly comment.

I stayed in a number of the main brand airport hotels when I was travelling regularly a few years ago. They were all generally soulless warehouses, with long corridors which used to remind me of The Shining.

Why not stay in central London and get the tube (40 mins) to the airport?

Why not stay in central London and get the tube (40 mins) to the airport?

Arriving 10pm at night and then flying onwards at 8am next morning. Just need somewhere for those few hours - close to the airport!

Thanks for all the suggestions.....