Hotel in Munich, near railway station ?

zag

Can anyone recommend a hotel near the main railway station (Hbf) in Munich ? Something within 5 (or max 10) minutes walk from the station without public transport.

We fly in one evening about 1930 and get a train out the next morning about 0930, complete with 2 grannies, 2 kids and suitcases so getting a taxi/tram/s-bahn to the railway station in the morning will only increase the stress levels.

I have found one called the Creatif Hotel Elephant which has got pretty good reviews (at least from the people who have stayed in the refurbished section) on TripAdvisor and I am happy enough to go for this one. It seems to be bare bones yet servicable. Given that it is just an overnight it doesn't matter too much.

Anyway, has anyone any recommendations for other hotels there ?

Thanks,

z

I stayed in the Hotel Regent in Munich. It is about a five minute walk from the Hauptbanhof, from where you can get a train to the airport. It is 4 star as afar as I know and myself and the children really enjoyed our stay there. Great buffet breakfast - Very clean rooms and courteous staff. They have a website [broken link removed]

There's a load of hotels right beside the station - on the square infront of it.

There's an InterCity Hotel on top of the station - no idea what it's like but the location is perfect - www.intercityhotel.de ... I have stayed in the LeMeridien just across the road - it's very nice - but very pricey ... I have also stayed at the Maritim Hotel which is again pretty much just across the street - I wouldn't reall recommend this place - if it was cheap it would be fine - but it wasn't cheap !

Can't think of the names of the others hotels off the top of my head.

Hint - go to HRS - www.hrs.com - when you view the list of hotels there's a column that gives you distance from the railway station - this should help you.

Hello,

I stayed in the Hotel Bristol in Munich last May for a night. Max 10 minutes walk from the train station.
very clean, great breakfast.
Room was 106 euro for triple room.
Quiet location.

hope you enjoy your visit,
:)

Thanks to all for the recommendations. I see a little web research coming this evening . . .

z

Zag, Just be careful that you don't stay within a five minutes walk of the train station as it is a bit seedy. As I say Hotel Regent was five minutes walk away and that was perfect. There is a huge police presence around there (and not just becuse the police station is next door to the station). I had originally booked in to the Hotel Royal ( one minute to the right of the station) but changed my mind when I got there because of unsavoury people walking the street outside.

For the record - I booked the Royal Hotel here - http://www.hotel-royal.de/

The website looks pretty poor, but it gets good reviews on the web and is just a few minutes to the station. Will post a review back when I return.

z

Back