Hotel in London

CMK

Going to London for a weekend at end of this month staying on a Friday and Saturday night. We have looked at all the various web sites for hotels and thought we have found something nice and then go into tripadvisor.com and the reviews can be so varied ....our heads are wrecked!!

Anyone stayed recently in a nice hotel in Kensington area or somewhere central in London - looking for a four star....looking for something nice and relaxing!

Thanks in advance

Stayed at the Hilton Paddington a while ago for two nights. Hotel is part of the station complex so if your flying to Heathrow you could get the Heathrow Express. Rooms are quite nice and pretty quite (mine facing onto the station concourse but this didn't disturb me).

It's about 15 mins walk to Marble Arch but there are also buses quite near the front door.

stayed in the Radisson SAS Portman Hotel a wee while back.

a minutes or 2 from oxford street. grand hotel. do a search on the web. you may get a cheaper price then with booking directly with the hotel.

Stayed at the Thistle Charing Cross, location just opposite Trafalgar Square. Nice large hotel, convenient to Tube stops. Would recommend.

if you try lastminute.com they have 5 star secret hotels that i've used about 3 times, once your somewhere on the tube line and central that's 5 star you can be really lucky. We ended up in the Radisson in mayfair last time for 90 euro a night it was fab! You can guess the secret hotel sometimes by the rollover name if there is an image, or by the general location etc. Have stayed in the dolphin square hotel too with lastminute and that was so lovely.

The Thistle Oxford Street is nice too. Rooms are very big for London hotels. I think its a 4 star. You can't really get much more central than Oxford Street to be honest. It's at the Hyde Park end.
I was there in April and I'm nearly sure it was approx. €220 per night ish.

if you try lastminute.com they have 5 star secret hotels that i've used about 3 times, once your somewhere on the tube line and central that's 5 star you can be really lucky. We ended up in the Radisson in mayfair last time for 90 euro a night it was fab! You can guess the secret hotel sometimes by the rollover name if there is an image, or by the general location etc. Have stayed in the dolphin square hotel too with lastminute and that was so lovely.

Ive been very lucky on lastminute.com to, got some great deals both in London and other European cities

If you are looking for Kensington in particular there is a Jurys in Queensway near two tube stations and within walking distance of Knightsbridge, Harrods etc. About £120 stg if I remember per room.

Park Plaza. I have stayed in two of them. There is a really lovely boutique one, Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes (Baker St) or the other is the Park Plaza Victoria (round the corner from the station). Both are elegant and relaxing.

If you are looking for Kensington in particular there is a Jurys in Queensway near two tube stations and within walking distance of Knightsbridge, Harrods etc. About £120 stg if I remember per room.

We stayed here as well, very nice and if you ring the hotel direct you should be able to get it for £90 a night.

Back