Hotel in London City (Square Mile) ?

zag

I thought this would be easier, but it seems to be unduly hard to find a hotel near a particular place in London. Searching the various websites throws up loads of hotels in 'London' (think Ryanair city definitions) and you can even narrow the area down slightly, but even using post codes the results are a bit patchy.

The thing is - I am looking for somewhere near the City of London (Financial district, Square Mile, etc . . .). By near I mean within 10-15 minutes walking distance or a couple of stops on a direct tube line from Bank/Monument/Liverpool Street, but I can't find a whole lot of them.

Thing is - there are definitely loads of them out there, this is London afterall. It's not as if it is short of hotel space.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels with relatively access to the financial district ? If anyone has any good postcode searches - it is in EC2R. I know the City itself has very few things other than office space but there *has* to be some accommodation for all those visiting bankers . . .

Prime suspect at this stage is Holiday Inn Express City in Old Street, EC1V.

Cheers,

z

A quick google found this site

[broken link removed]

Plenty more like it on google - search for street names and "hotel"

Just sent the wife and her friend on a w/end to london for mothers day. Booked them in at the K&K George in earls court. Said it was one of the best she stayed in (150 euro a night for the room)and only a minutes walk from the tube - look at the tripadvisor website, its very handy for checking out hotel ratings e.t.c

allows you to search by post code.
Supposedly can also show the results on a map, but doesn't work for me. Most of the individual results have a map link.

www.hoteldirect.co.uk

Have used this site on numerous occassions and has never let me down, searchable by loacation e.g London City and very reasonable in comparison to approaching the named hotels directly.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I have gone for Holiday Inn (well, I get points for staying and they have a pool) Kings Cross. All the links above were usefull.

Cheers,

z

Mrs and Mini Roy went off to the Royal Horseguards Thistle 2 weeks ago and continue to rant about it. Location described as perfect - overlooking the Thames (across from London eye) - Downing St around the corner, wlaking disctance to West End etc etc.

Roy

zag
for future reference, the thistle barbican should suit you. you can get good deals and it has a swimming pool. I have stayed there regularly, it is in a quiet location (best fish &chip restuarant in london across the road), about 15 mins from liverpool st station (if you walk fast). the holiday inn express in old street is not good. very basic, and noisy if you get the wrong room. also it has no ac, so if you are there during summer it can be sweaty.

zag said:
Thanks all for the suggestions. I have gone for Holiday Inn (well, I get points for staying and they have a pool) Kings Cross. All the links above were usefull.

Cheers,

z

Hi Zag,

A bit too late now, but I previously stayed in a Crown Plaza within the area, think it was reasonably close to those tube stations. Quite nice, price was OK - but the region is very quiet / boring at nighttime

Crowne Plaza Hotel
19 NEW BRIDGE STREET
LONDON, EC4V 6DB
UNITED KINGDOM

Hotel Reservations: 1800 511 689 Hotel Front Desk: 44-870-4009190
Hotel Fax: 44-207-4388080
Email: loncy.info@ichotelsgroup.com
Check-In Time: 2:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Blackfriars
  • <LI class=f11>Train Station Name: Blackfriars
  • Train Station Distance 0 KM / 0 MI E
Area Convention Center Information

Docklands Excel
  • <LI class=f11>Convention Distance 10 KM / 6.21 MI
  • Taxi Fee £30.00 (GBP)

Im assuming your a member of PriorityClub when you mention points, which means you can also earn points at other hotels in this group:

Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express
Staybridge Suites
Hotel Indigo
Candlewood Suites
Crown Plaza
Intercontinential Hotels

Cheers

G>