Hotel in Liverpool city centre?

colc1

Anyone recommend a decent hotel in LIverpool city centre for next weekend? I am going to an Everton game and need to find somewhere asap. Travelodge and Travel Inn and the Radisson are booked out! : (

Good man a fella blue, was over there for the Fulham game......great weekender. Stayed in the Albert Dock at the Holiday Inn Express. Basic but nice, works out at about €110 per night for a double room.

Nil Satis

COYB

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com

alicia hotel near sexton park is good. full of paddys when I was there. its about 3 miles from city centre but if you are like the rest of us its only 1 taxi in and one taxi out. in our case the game was on a sunday so we went into city centre around 7pm and came back to the alicia around 3am. and it was still possible to get a drink at the bar. small hotel but the rooms were nice. on the road in from the airport. booked it on the easy jet site. Liverpool city centre is brill on a saturday night. enjoy the weekend.

thanks a million lads for the help, booked into the gladstone was ringng another hotel from liverhotels.com and they said the gladstone had twins available, I stayed there last time years ago and it was grand the girl was joking it was done up sice then and was actually bice there (or something along those lines). Now if only anyone would recommend some good bars for picking up a few scouse ladies that would be great! ; )

Hummm,

[broken link removed]

hit the square in the middle of town, some good late night bars ;)

Cheers

G>

Are you talking about around O'Neills on Matthew st, is that still there? Or maybe Albert Dock area that seems to be a spot! Thanks,
C

Hi

Albert Dock tends to get quiet as the night goes on, I'd be heading for Concert Square myself ;)

Cheers

G>

Garrettod said:
Albert Dock tends to get quiet as the night goes on, I'd be heading for Concert Square myself ;)

Is Concert Square anywhere near Matthew st.? Thanks for your help Garrett : )

G: is that the little square with the big 'outback' pub and a chipper across the road? that outback pub is a good spot and theres a good few more on that narrow street down from it. Also a chinese restaurant nearby which charges £10 at the door but you can eat all you want. starters, mains and deserts. No Beverages though. O'Neills is on a corner if I can remember buts its hazy I admit.pubs dont close until 2.30pm and most have disco bars.

Hi Cuchulainn,

Yes, thats it exactly - last time I was in the Outback bar with a few friends, after a match ... we had a few drinks, the night went on, more women came in & like good Irish lads we looked straight at the walls for the entire night (due primarily to the bar showing Fashion TVs underwear show, as I recall ;))

We missed the Chinese Im afraid & if heading out for a night or two there, I'd be reluctant to spend it all in O'Neills either .. some of the bars on the square are far better imho (even if your just looking :)).

I also recall an Eddie Rockets at one end of the square, where the taxi threw us out. I think its currently the only one in the UK (just tried the website, but could not find the street name, sorry)

Colc1, if your not sure, just hop in a taxi while your there - taxis are very cheap and the town is small enough so at worst, it will probably only cost you a few quid to get there.

Cheers

G>

Well lads thanks for the advice ended up in O'Neills both nights and spent a while in another bar on a street called something like strait street or something like that across the road from a pub of the same name as the street name. It really is a great city and people are realy up for a good time, a lot better than Dublin imho which imho has gone downhill rapidly in recent years (its not what it used to be, there is lots of needless aggression nowadys anything seems to start a fight!) Thanks again for all the advice lads walked through concert square I think I saw the outback does it look like the one on parnell street? It said australian bar over it anyway, pity Everton couldnt finish sunderland off but fair play to sunderland they kept plugging away

C

Glad you had a good time,

Yes, the outback bar does have a logo similar to the one on Parnell Street, as I recall .. not sure if they are connected or not ?

As for Sunderland, sure they ain't the worst (cough * Everton * cough * Man Utd * cough * Chelski * ;))

Cheers

G>

The bar is Walkabout, on concert square. Every where is near in Liverpool.
Albert dock to Mathew Street area or Concert sq is about 15 mins or 3£ in taxi. Those are about as far as you would need to walk on a boozy w/e.
Mathew st and Concert Sq are the place to go for the "craic" but you may spot players and their birds down the dock area bars...
As a scouse told me " its where all the posh ones go! "

Gladstone is good very close to town.
There is also a strip club that turns into a night club after 12 on w/e. And the "dancers" tend to hang around after. ( X in the city )
I have been there loads as my kid bro is in college there, great spot.
Not much good for relaxing though;)

was there last september. really warm weekend so you can guess what the liverbirds were dressed like. craic was mighty. what really surprised me was the fact that there was loads of cops around but on one corner they were posing for photos with revellers, and all in good spirit. Did see that big van with 'Police- cc tv on it' earlier in the night and also noticed that while the cops were sometimes on their own they were never far from other cops. Also I read somewhere that bouncers in engerland are expected to come the aid of cops if a row breaks out. there was bouncers on nearly every door that evening but they didnt appear to be aggressive or thick about entering and leaving premises as often as you wanted. Those liverbirds were something else though.

Back