Hotel in Limerick

harvey

I am looking for a recommendation for "nice" hotel in Limerick or surroundings. Anyone got first hand experience.

Hi Harvey,

For city centre hotels, The Clarion Hotel is lovely and centrally located with beautiful views over the Shannon river.This is a 4 star hotel.

If you wanted to go out in the county a bit. The hotels in Adare are nice and the surroundings are lovely. This is about 10-15 minutes drive from the city. The Woodlands and The Dunraven Arms are nice 3 and 4 star hotels.

Peadar

For city centre hotels, The Clarion Hotel is lovely and centrally located with beautiful views over the Shannon river.This is a 4 star hotel.

If you wanted to go out in the county a bit. The hotels in Adare are nice and the surroundings are lovely. This is about 10-15 minutes drive from the city. The Woodlands and The Dunraven Arms are nice 3 and 4 star hotels.

Peadar

Clarion is expensive for what, and where, it is. It's a chain hotel by the docks in Limerick. Views may be good, but location isn't the best.

Can't argue with the Adare recommendations, but be prepared to pay.

If you are prepared to pay, then the Castletroy Park is a nice hotel in a quiet location just outside the city - though I think it's a building site now.

I personally like the Sarsfield Bridge Hotel. Relatively cheap and basic, in the city centre, and very handy.

Sarsfield Bridge hotel is a budget hotel along the lines of Jury's Inn except in the former breakfast is included in the price of the room. Both are in very central locations and friends say both are nice.
A number of the city centre hotels are being done up so i'm a bit stuck on recommending some place.
The Castle Oaks in Castleconnell is lovely and about 10 miles from the city centre. The setting is gorgeous by the river.

Back