Hotel in Gatwick airport

A word of warning, DO NOT STAY IN THE WHITE HOUSE HOTEL,HORLEY. See for reviews. The Moat House is close to Gatwick and is quite good for an overnight stay.

Thanks for that. We'll be staying there on the way to our honeymoon so don't want anything too dodge!

we stayed in the Hilton in Gatwick Airport itself on the way to our honeymoon. i used to live in horley and know all the surrounding hotels well. the hilton is great as its part of the airport itself so handy for getting your flights the next day, nice quite rooms and great bar!

As well as the Hilton attached to the South Terminal there's also a Sofitel attached to the North Terminal

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-6204-sofitel-london-gatwick/index.shtml

Never stayed in either so no idea what they're like, but they're both certainly very convenient to the terminals. The Sofitel is probably a bit newer than the Hilton.

The only other option at the Airport is a "Yotel" capsule hotel in the South Terminal ... not really honeymoon material though! - http://www.yotel.com/

Thanks a million for the replies, you've definitely pointed me in the right direction. The Yotel looks cool, I've never seen those before! Maybe another time though

stayed at the arora international in crawley,about 10 mins by train,nice hotel

I've stayed in both the Yotel & the Sofitel, the latter is new & very luxurious, I don't think you'd be disappointed. The Yotel is great for novelty factor, also high end if it's possible in a shoebox size room! If you literally want to sleep there for a couple of hours, then it's great.

Not quite on topic but related: we recently stayed at the Hilton at Stanstead Airport. Avoid it like the plague, it has to be one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in.
Threadbare chair; the most uncomfortable bed I have ever attempted to sleep on; and the smallest double room I have ever seen in a Hilton anywhere in theworld.
We were only there from 6pm to 3am as we had a 6am flight but never again, I'd rather get upearly and drive to Stanstead from home.

Filled in the comments card and spoke to a receptionist on our return two weeks later. She promised to get the manager to ring us and if he were unable to do so then she would ring herself. Not a dickybird.