Hotel in Galway - wekend break

pugwall

Can anyone recommend a 4 star hotel in Galway for a weekend away in January. Do hotels usually have sales in January?

I woulsn't recommend the Galway Bay as a 4 star. I was there last month and would put it at best a low 3 star.
I hear the park House Hotel is very good although I have not stayed there but my parents do on all there visits to Galway.
Hotels usually have good deals on 2 or 3 night breaks in the winter months just maybe need to check it on line.
We ate in a wine bar restaurant called Cookes while there and it was fantastic and very reasonable. Here's a link www.cookesrestaurantandwinebar.ie/

I have been staying at the Radisson in Galway the past few times when I've been for a weekend away.

Great location, walking distace to the centre which is great for eating out in the evening.

addbo

I stayed in the park place hotel a few weeks ago and it was very good and it would be hard to beat its location just off eyre square. The food there was lovely.I would recommend it

I stayed at the G hotel and the cocktails are very good. The only problem I had was their minestrone soup was rubbish (chopped veg in a watery base, no tomato base, no herbs, no spagetti!).

Got it on a deal over the internet, so it worked out very cheap.

The G seems to be looking for people rather than people looking to stay there - it was way over priced for the location.

All of the hotels mentioned above are good. I have known friends over the years stay in all of them with good reports.

Ardilaun on Taylor's Hill is just a stones throw from the prom which is always worth the walk.

I'd say you will get a good deal in Jan if you look up the usual sites.

The house hotel near the docks has been completely refurbished and is top class. 30 seconds walk from shop street and has a great bistro and bar.

Would also recommend the Radisson - great locationl, lovely accommodation and very good facilities!

Back