Hotel in central Edinburgh

onway

Hoping to go to Edinburgh for weekend soon and am looking for a central hotel which does not involve getting bus/taxi to and from Royal Mile/Princes St. etc.Have read lots of other threads on Edinburgh but not sure how central some of the hotels mentioned are.........

Depends on what your budget is. The Scotsman is a great location, and amazing architecture, but is €€€s

Check out http://maps.google.com to see how central the hotels you are thinking about are.

Jurys Hotel is central, good rooms, clean, nice bar and restaurant and not easy on the pocket too.

Jurys is very good and good value.

very central and lively bar with great after hours drinking

Apex international or Apex city hotel, they are situated in the Grass market area where all the lively bars are and about a 10 minute walk from the main shopping street.

As leghorn said best pick out your hotel and google it on maps. The old Waverly is on princess street and I think they do deals from time to time (check their website). Other central hotels I'd recommend are The Sheraton and the Carlton Hotel and both are pretty central (everything within a few minutes walking distance) Again check out internet offers - you'd be amazed what you can pick up in these hotels.
Also Jurys Inn is pretty central

Hi

Would second the Apex City or International in the Grassmarket area.

However, it has to be the Sheraton for a special stay!

Jurys Hotel is central, good rooms, clean, nice bar and restaurant and not easy on the pocket too.

I agree...theres also a night club across the road which is mmm interesting!

Stayed in The Point Hotel.. Perfect.. Just at the bottom of The Castle.. Its an old department store converted into a boutique hotel.. Got a great deal from alpharooms.com inc free breakfast!! enjoy..

I think the Point on Bread Street is an acquired taste.

Very modern and minimalist to the point of being bare!

Love the restaurant though. Would recommend it even if you didn't stay in the hotel.

I liked the Point Hotel but to be honest the restaurant is overhyped, as is the painfully trendy bar.

Back