Hotel in Birmingham

InfoSeeker

Hi,

Having my stag in Birmingham next March and was wondering if anyone has stayed in hotels in this area?

Heading to Villa match so something reasonable close would be good assuming that the ground is close to the city centre.

Thanks,
Infoseeker

jurys inn would be your best bet or a travelodge, whichever street jurys is on is ideal for a stag, lots of pubs around and having been in birmingham a few years ago, that street is absolutely hopping on friday and saturday nights. have fun

I have stayed in the Thistle hotel which is 5 minutes from New street and is the same side of the city as the Villa ground. Rooms are nice and rate is about 50 sterling per room per night. [broken link removed] the link and you can book online. Get a taxi to near the ground on Saturday and it should be about 6 quid per cab.

Thistle is good, otherwise you're looking for things on the way out of town. There are a couple of good spots in Aston and also around the NIA, but being around New St. is a better location (nightlife).

stayed in the new britannia in new street. avoid.

on a slightly different issue where is the best stand to sit in in Villa Park? This thread is a great help to me for hotels too so thanks to everyone!

This is a bit different pretty cheap and i really liked it but some found it claustorphobic www.nitenite.com you wouldnt spend all day lounging in the room but it was right in the city and comfy (for 1)

my best advice is to stay in new st area, jurys is perfect. a train runs to aston station from new street for the villa games its about ten minute train journey. aston station only two mins walk to villa park. was there for portsmouth game last week :(.

re queenlex i always go doug ellis upper tier!

I've stayed in both Jurys Inn and the Crowne Plaza, both good hotels but you can't beat Jurys Inn location. New St. has fantastic pubs clubs and restaurants - I was very surprised, the whole street was hopping! Great place for a stag.

Back