Hotel in Barcelona

Shopaholic

Hi, I'm planning a trip with friends for a few days in Barcelona in the summer, can't decide between two hotels, would the Majestic (5*) be nice or should we book the Barcelona Universal which seems to be closer to the port, I'm wondering should we treat ourselves with the 5* as we got a good price or would the port area be a nice location?

any advice?

Stayed in the Barcelona Universal, a couple of years ago, it was fine, rooms were clean, if not kinda small, breakfasts were good and location was very good, very close to la rambla, and metro just beside the hotel. Rooftop pool is tiny, and bar closes very early as well as not having much atmosphere.
If going again, even though it suited our purpose I wouldn't rush back to it, its main benefit is location. Next time I would probably choose a different hotel for comfort, even if it meant being out from the centre a bit, as transport is fantastic, as well as cheap there.

Stayed in the Hotel Montblanc a few years ago. Very nice rooms, centrally located off main square and near Las Ramblas, but quiet enough too. Would definitely stay there again. Transport is fantastic so you can get to the port area very easily, its also a nice stroll down Las Ramblas to the port.

That's great, many thanks, yeah sounds like it would be worth it go more upper class I think, thanks for the advice.......looking forward to it now.

Hi I stayed in Hotel ICARIA just off beach and on bus line into town, about 10 mins away in December last

From outside did not look that interesting, but once inside, a lovely hotel, beautiful meals,

Worth a look, booked with 1800 hotels

The Hilton Diagonal is brilliant. It's about 3km away from Ramblas but taxis are plentiful and cheap. It's a quiet area overlooking the sea with a big shopping centre across the street. The hotel also has an outdoor pool.
The hotel is new and very clean and the food is good. Can you bring yourself down to a 4 star?
Previously, we stayed in a hotel just off the main square but the noise is horific.

There are 2 Hiltons in Barcelona so don't mix up Hilton Barcelona with Hilton Diagonal Barcelona (which is the one I suggest). Look it up at www.hilton.com

I stayed in the Majestic hotel. It was 5 star very luxurious,with a rooftop pool and sun loungers. Breakfast was not included and was expensive. It was in a great location for shopping and near restaurants. I would stay there again.

Many thanks for your tips, that's great, had heard of the Majestic and would def look at the 4* hiltons, many thanks.

Just got an email from the www.barcelo.com chain of hotels. They have just opened a new hotel in Barcelona district called the Rambla del Raval and have some opening special offers available. I have stayed with them before and they are pretty good at emailing special offers to those registered with them. Might be worth a look.
raval@barcelo.com

Last edited:
Back