Hotel Ideas in Southeast Ireland

Deisce

Well I am originally from Waterford now living in Dublin. I had my first child recently so want to treat the missus to a nice Hotel weekend (Spa facilities not important, nice grub would be nice) in March somewhere in southeast not too near (like faithlegg and waterford castle) but not too far from Dunmore road where my folks will be looking after my first born. Any ideas? I'm thinking Wexford (Dunbrody house?) or Kilkenny but if you have any suggestions for West Waterford I'd gratefully take them on.

Before I hear the inevitable "Check the sticky posts for Waterford" I have but I haven't found anything suitable. So looking for personal recommendation rather than tripadvisor or hotel.com blind search.

Cheers

I head Fionn Davenport from Lonely Planet on the radio last night being very impressed with the Cliff Top Hotel in Ardmore.

5-star prices, but a 5-star service.

Personally think the food, setting and ambience of Dunbrody house is great. Never stayed in the place though as I live fairly close to it. The Ballyhack to Passage East ferry would be very handy for you too.

I heard that the Cliff Top Hotel was fab too. I am looking forward to trying it. Seems pricey though but possibly worth it.

Well guys thanks for that. I booked Ardmore for weekend in march.
Interestingly I found a deal on bestlovedhotels.com which said to quote website when booking. It was two nights, two breakfasts and one dinner for 2 people for 495 euro. Offer was valid off season Sept 08 to Apr 09. But when I called they said the deal was 525 euro and the 495 euro was only for 2008. So I wrote email to website and hotel complaining about misleading advertising and they backed down and adjusted booking.
Nice to see them having to back down with the big R going on. Not all bad the downturn.
Certain groups of society's chickens coming home to roost!

Hope the soup doesn't taste funny now with dinner though!

A member of my family was very impressed with Cliff Top in Ardmore a couple of months back, so now several of us have booked a two-night break immediately after Christmas. I'm looking forward to it.

Just back. It was fab. Great views from every room and loved the restaurant. Was blessed with the weather too and had great walks along Ardmore beaches.

Need to book a weekend in Kildare for family and grandchildren does anyone know of a reasonable hotel there for a two nights.

joody1

Only seeing this now. For family friendly hotels in Wexford have a look at mykidstime.ie under features they have a really good rating system.

We stayed in Buggys Inn in Lismore a couple of years ago - great for a couples away weekend! Really recommend it.