Hotel for family lunch in Kilkenny

emul

Looking for suggestions for an "extended" family lunch in Kilkenny over Christmas, either 28th or 29th. There will be 8 adults and 6 children - ranging from 2 yr old to 9 yr old.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Eoin

Lyrath Estate is new & I hope to try there in next few weeks, will post once I have been there (girls night out). Dining Room (I think they call it Gullivers) in Newpark Hotel is always very good. I usually have a 2.5 yr old in tow and there is never a problem. Rivercourt Hotel is another nice one, but always a problem to park - (same owner owns Lyrath Estate)

We have been to Jacobs Cottage in the Hibernian hotel a number of times for these types of lunches and found them to be very helpful and good value.

I agree, Jacobs Cottage is excellent, I was there a few weeks ago for the 1st time and look forward to going back. I have'nt been there during the day yet. I think for a large family get-together which usually extends into the bar/lobby after the meal as the chat gets going, some of the hotels would be more suitable for the younger family members.

Newpark has a playground for children & a massive reception area which has loads of seating for those who don't want to sit in the bar. I think it has a tv room as well. Nothing as bad as trying to have a chat with someone and the kids bored and wanting to go home.

You would need to check these facilities out for yourself as I have not used the playground, but saw it one day as we were going in for lunch and as far as I can remember it is enclosed so it would be safe for the smaller ones.

Had a great extended family lunch in langtons a few months ago. We had a whole section to ourselves and there were all sorts of ages and everyone was well catered for.

Back