Hotel close to harolds cross?

martha jones

Im looking for a hotel, criteria are, ten single rooms, car parking, and a bar, for a tuesday night in june. My budget is 500euro, so 50euro each person/room, for b+b. My problem, is that all the hotels that i have phoned will not come down to my price limit. I thought we are in a recession? , and to me ten rooms full all be it at perhaps a reduced rate, is surely better to the hotels, than the same ten rooms empty? However this in reality is not apparently the case. Does anyone have any suggestions of hotels in proximity, ie, fifteen minutes drive to harolds cross? As negotiating on the phone does not seem to get one a bargain!

Hate to tell you but ten single rooms for one night in summer is not a big piece of business. In summer they will fill more rooms, mid week close to town they will also have a pool of business people staying. You'll be hard-pressed to find anyone willing to take your offer in preference. Besides am I right in guessing Hen Party - they may be less willing to take you on for that. Also most hotels have rather few single rooms, most rooms would be double or twin so from their perspective yours is not an attractive offer, why sell a room that can fit two people to one person for only 50 quid.

Do they have to be single rooms? Would sharing not be an option? You are far more likely to get a twin room for €100 than a single for €50.

Last edited:
Thanks for that insight socrates. We are a mixed group of various ages from twenties up to 60, not a hen party, just a civilised social night out! D4 hotels will give me B+B for €55 single rooms,( all double beds ), so I thought I might have some chance of negotiating the same type rate with other hotels, but perhaps not!

Sorry for the imputation hens aren't always chicks but they're rarely cockerels

€55 is a good deal there (I am guessing it is their hotels in Ballsbridge), I reckon you'd be lucky to better it at most hotels, it seems Dublin's hoteliers agree

I had a thought though, the Ibis at the Red Cow roundabout would be maybe 20 minutes drive (off-peak) from Harold's Cross and sure enough on the website they are saying €50 for a Tuesday night. You would be well out of the city on the M50 but you'd have the Luas nearby. Might be worth a look! Also check out http://www.hotels.com (hotels.com)- there isn't a whole lot for that budget but it might give you some names to try.

Last edited:
Check out Days Hotel in Rathmines, about 10min walk up the canal to Harold's X - Don't think Ibis Hotels have bars

Try the camden court hotel

[broken link removed]

Near Harolds cross

No connection to them!

Ibis hotels do have bars and even 24 hours snack service. But both the Days and the Camden are closer to Harold's X.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I tried the Days in Rathmines, room cost was on budget, but breakfast and parking put the price up to €70.50. The Camden Court, came in on budget, but parking is again a problem, and although some of my group would appreciate the delights of Copper Face Jacks, the older more wiser members may not! The Ibis sounds ideal, ill try them in the morning, and the other link. Again, thanks for suggestions.