Hotel Breaks ? - Per Person Sharing or Per Room - Which is Cheaper?

allthedoyles

Would just like to know if we are doing something wrong here :

We are booking a hotel in Cork for 2 nights in July ...........................

A well known hotel in Cork is offering the following rates :

• Super-Value Breaks - € 85 per Person Sharing
  • Hotel On-Line Booking - € 79 per room per night
For two of us , is it going to cost us double , if we decide to use the SV coupons .?

Here is a link to both the Super-Valu website and the actual hotel website

[broken link removed]

http://www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com/index.cfm?area=ebooking&action=providerselect&menuid=481

It seems to me that the room per night is the only way to go. I often thing those vouchers aren't worth a whole lot, at times, if you suss things out, like you did.

Having said that, the Silver Springs is a nice hotel.

ALLTHEDOYLES ...are you sure you are reading the Supervalu prices correctly. In July it is 119 euro p.p.s. I have found such offers very good value especially say the 3 night break with one dinner midweek for 99 euro p.p.s. excluding july and august. also i have noticed that sometimes 4 star hotels offer the 3 star rate depending on bookings i presume. I have no connection whatsover with suupervalu except being a satisfied customer inthese difficult financial times.

Thanks for the help , I was'nt reading the thing correctly...........

I have done a re-calculation and it looks like this :

July 12th

3 nights using Super Valu vouchers = € 238

3 nights using Hotel on-line booking = € 237

Thanks for the help , I was'nt reading the thing correctly...........

I have done a re-calculation and it looks like this :

July 12th

3 nights using Super Valu vouchers = € 238

3 nights using Hotel on-line booking = € 237

But with Super Valu don't you get one evening meal included?

As a matter of interest is there a limit on the number who can sleep in the room. If it has a double and single beds can three sleep?

The general rule is if you have paid the room rate, then you are entitled to have the number of guests it can hold, so if it is set up with a double and a single you can sleep three. If you have paid per person generally they wouldn't be happy with you basically sneaking in an extra guest.