Hotel break combined with horse riding

laragh

Happy New Year to all AAM posters!

I want to take the missus away on a weekend break in March - 1st wedding anniversary don't ya know ;)

I had hoped to combine a nice hotel, with a leisure complex with option to go horse riding over the weekend. I have checked out Adare Manor which looks superb but has a superb price to go with it. Has anyone stayed there? Is it worth the money? What's the horse riding like?

If anyone has any other suggestions on where might fit the bill i would be most greatful!
My budget would be €400 max for two nights accomodation (incl breakfast)

Would you consider a nice hotel with horseriding locally? Thats what we usually do and it works out fine!

You might like to try one of our favourite haunts - [broken link removed]in Macreddin Village, Aughrim.

It's in a lovely rural setting and really buzzes in the summer. They have stables, an organic restaurant and run an organic food market on the first Sunday of every month in the summer time.

Thanks for the hints.

We have already done some of the treks locally so I would prefer to take her away for the weekend somewhere and combine it with some horse riding.

The Brooklodge looks good- but I think she may have already been there before (before she met the man of her dreams and got married! ;) )

Still like the look of Adare Manor but not sure if it is good value as I don't know anyone who has stayed there. It is wild expensive and breakfast & dinner not to mention the horse riding are all extra!!

laragh said:
The Brooklodge looks good- but I think she may have already been there before (before she met the man of her dreams and got married! ;) )

Still like the look of Adare Manor but not sure if it is good value as I don't know anyone who has stayed there. It is wild expensive and breakfast & dinner not to mention the horse riding are all extra!!
Surely the 'man of her dreams' can come up with the goods? ;)

Have a look at - it was good enough for Paul McCartney and his missus to get married there. I saw on their website that they do some sort of accommodation and riding combo packages.

Their leisure centre is known as going for a walk around the (huge) grounds - it is a big old house in big old grounds but is very relaxing. We stayed there a few years ago and it was a very enjoyable experience.

z

Laragh, why not combine the manor's riding facilities with cheaper accomodation? We've done it. The Woodlands Hotel is less then a mile from Adare Manor, and it is fantastic value this time of year and it has excellent facilities. Their pool is the nicest in Ireland! The Dunraven is full of oldy worldy charm and located in the village opposite the gates to the Manor, but thats about it.

Back