Hotel Bangkok

D

DangerMouse1

Hi All,

Going traveling for a year can any one recommend a nice cheap hotel in Bangkok in a handy location want to stay in a hotel for the first 2 nights then its cheap hostels after that for me:)

Thanks

You can get 5* luxury in Bangkok for less than the cost of a B&B here - do you really want to slum it?

If you do, the Khoa San road is the most obvious place for backpacker hotels. I seem to remember friends of mine stayed in the Vienthai (sp?) and said it did the job fine.

The D&D is good for a cheap but fairly clean option...nice pool and bar on the roof too....smack bang middle of the Koh Sahn Road too..
Its cheaper to book in advance, but they try and make that difficult for same reason!

I stayed in the Amari Atrium 5 years back; it is a wee bit away from the main city centre (if you could find one in Bangkok) but taxis are dirt cheap; you could travel 2-3 miles for less than €1. It is a fantastic hotel; one of the best I have ever stayed in

Stay away from the Bangkok Hilton, I heard the food is crap and it's near impossible to check out ;)

Back