Hotel/B&B with a difference in Central Brussels

Bean deas

Hi,
Myself and the other half are heading to Brussels at the end of next month for 4 nights (fri to tue). Can anyone recommend a nice hotel or B&B. By nice I mean something with character - old renovated building etc that's also central. Any ideas would be welcome.

A recent friend of mine has a very nice B/B in Brussels,its called Duplex d'hotes Woluwe St Pierre .Its a very charming place and can only accomodate 2/3 people.I have a written description in French [1 page]I also have photos if interested.Its 5 mins by car from point Schuman. E mail or pm if you want more details.

Try the Bedford Hotel. It's on Rue du Midi and that's right in the heart of Brussels. It's got a relaxerd ambience especially at weekends and is just so accessible to some great restaurants. The in-house restaurant ain't bad either. And Grand Place is very close by. Been there several times and would use it every time.....business or pleasure.

There is an Ibis Hotel located off the main shopping area. It was spotless and very modern.

Better again, as Brussels is a business city, you can ger bargains at weekends in plush hotels. I booked 4 rooms in the Hilton in 2003 (Fri, Sat and Sun) for a bunch of mates at €100 per room per night (excluding breakfast).

The catch was that it was a non-refundable deal whereby you pay in advance at the time of booking. Class hotel.

Check out www.hilton.com

Le Meridien is exceptionally nice, its just across from the railway station in the city centre, so its easy to get to from the airport. Really comfortable, and beside all the sights etc. Expensive, but if you book it through hotels.com or http://www.hotelclub.com (www.hotelclub.com) you might get a cheap deal. I have stayed there twice, both times on discounted offers from hotelclub. You can be lucky; I think it's very expensive if you pay the full rate.

Most Belgians will speak English and Flemish but a lot would speak French. Thus you may try to make a search with keywords such as "chambres d'hotes" (instead of "B&B") and "Bruxelles" (instead of "Brussels").
Try this [broken link removed] site where you'll get contact details of many B&Bs. Some are just incredibly nice for a real good price, but make sure you're close to transports. Else go for the taxi. The price you'll win on the room will compensate the price of the taxi (about 14euros accross Brussels). Enjoy!

I did a long weekend in brussels about 2 years ago jsut before christmas and I'd really recommend it. There were a large Christmas market on in the area, and we picked up some fab stuff at the stalls, hand made Christmas decorations, some lovely seasonal ceramics, and of course the manditory hot wine (vin chaud) and chips (frites).

We booked with priceline.com, and got the 4* Marriott hotel beside the european parliament for about Eu35 per night, as its a business hotel. Its a nice hotel, with pool but the area can be relatively quiet at the weekend. Its possible to make some brilliant savings with Priceline.com which can be spent elsewhere! It was about 10-15 min walk to Grand Place, where you will find a great range of restaurants.

My recommendation for a must do is to visit the Grand Sablon market on Sunday morning, its got some great antiques stands. When we visited there was a lovely cafe just opposite the church in that square that did a great sunday brunch, from memory lots of organic items on the menu.

Back