Hot Water Bottle

Just been in Clerys which has them, also the chemist (Hickeys) on Henry St., and Tesco also

Lenihans in Capel Street, D1 are selling them for about €8 but I would expect them to be cheaper elsewhere.

Try the "Pound/Euro Shops". They often have them and they usually sell them for €2. Dunnes usually have them too. I think they keep them in the homewares dept. with the hangers etc.

I know a person who bought one in a pound shop and it split when she put her foot on it giving her a severe burn that needed a skin graft so be careful to buy a good quality one.

Yeah - I bought a cheapo one years ago and the stopper never really sealed it properly making it sort of useless. Better to buy a good quality one and it should last you years. I presume that there's some safety/quality standard or other that applies to these things?

I know a person who bought one in a pound shop and it split when she put her foot on it giving her a severe burn that needed a skin graft so be careful to buy a good quality one.

It's a good idea to wrap a hot water bottle in a hand towel to prevent scalding in the event of a rupture- even a good quality one will perish in time.