Hosting multiple domains (incl .ie) in Ireland

sluice44

I'm a sole trader and have a .com website. I also registered the .net & .org names as defensive registrations. They all point to the .com website via 301 redirects. I chose a particular American hosting company because they allowed one to host up to 10 domains on the one account for free. I'm paying about €10 p.m.

Recently I've been thinking about a .ie website and this (slightly related) post got me thinking... I'm an above average but not expert computer user...

If my 4 websites (.com, .net, .org, .ie) all have the same content, can I just host one website with an Irish host and point the other 3 at the main one for free. Or do the 3 redirections cost extra?

Hope this makes sense.

And thanks in advance.

[broken link removed] - offer 25 domains on the same plan for just €3.95 a month. (also .ie for 25.95)

Simplest is to set a primary domain, then add all the others as aliases.

You dont have to pay extra to any host for this service. I would be careful about paying something to register365 for a service you dont understand.

All you want is to login to your administrator panel for the domains and change the dns settings to point to whatever page you wish. This can be done for free with most register companies. I would recommend godaddy.com as cheap, reliable and useful. Inside the admin console you can point every domain you own to the same page as you wish.

Most hosting companies will allow you to host multiple sites on the one plan AND to point extra domains at your main site.

Back