Hosting a .ie site...

doberden

Hi All,

Where is the best place to host a .ie website (business one). I signed up to digiweb but I can't stand the horde e-mail client they have.

If you like gmail ... which most people including myself do ...

and

If its only the email interface of Digiweb which you dont like , you can get FREE Gmail emails for your web domain but keep the hosting you already have.

[broken link removed]

US hosts tend to be cheaper than the Irish ones.

So long as your domain is a .ie domain, it will be listed as an Irish website when people search for Ireland only in Google.

Have a look here:

I don't buy the "US servers are slow" line; lots of Irish hosting companies say that and it doesn't really make sense.

Anyone, anywhere, can overload a server. I would imagine there is little difference between Irish hosts and US hosts overloading their servers.

As regards to slowness due to US servers being further away: most people browsing the web won't notice any difference.

Letshost.ie - I use them to register my domains. Support isn't as good as it used to be (some of my e-mails have been ignored), but in general they're good and I would recommend them.

There's a number of the Irish hosting companies listed here:

and some basic pricing information:

Id it's for business (as opposed to a small site you don't worry about) then hosting with a large, local, reputable company is worth it.

Irish prices are comparable with anything in the UK/US (barring the insane small resellers) and the latency (speed) will always be better.

Not to mention the local 24/7 support and the ability to pick up the phone and talk to a human if there is a problem.

[broken link removed] hosts this website and a great many more (more Irish websites that any other company) (I have an affiliation)

Webmail on offer includes horde, but also SQwebmail and Roundcube mail.

Back