Horses and carts on main roads

No, I think that most countries allow horses and carts on their roads. It is what the roads were initially designed for and a lot of legislation stems from that.

Certain classes of roads might have a minimum speed limit and motorways have specific regulations as to slow moving vehicles and animals being allowed on.

I have been in Munich and seen horses and carts delivering kegs of beer!

Can't be on motorways

But I suppose if you were to go way back and examine the law there is nothing illegal about it.
Horses were on the roads long before "horseless carriages"

Or Tunnels

Rules of the road gives animals right of way

sure suppose like everything else we'll have to wait until there's a serious accident before anything is done.

The limerick tunnel has a picture of horse and cart indicating they are not allowed into the tunnel. Someone told me they had to get them specially made. Wouldn't mind if they put them up around childers road, my heart does crossways when I see one coming up behind me.

I know how you feel Becky because you just don't know where they're going to go, no indicators, no hand signals, nothing, travelling at excessive speeds etc etc

Those jarveys in Killarney are a bloody scourge. I hate the way they slow down all the traffic going out the Muckross Road...

Clarkson & May will be very happy and his shiny teeth will glow in the dark autumn evenings.

Those jarveys in Killarney are a bloody scourge. I hate the way they slow down all the traffic going out the Muckross Road...

If Killarney wants the tourist income, I guess they have to put up with some of these minor inconveniences.