Hooking up DVD recorder with Sky etc

bertson

Hi,
I've tried in vain to successfull hook up my DVD Recorder (with HD) to my Sky digibox and my TV,
Basically I want to be able to record from SKY to my DVD HD

I've folled the instructions to a T, but I'm sure I missing something

Any ideas

So what have you tried? There's a VCR SCART connection on your Sky Box, did you connect this into the DVD recorder?
Leo

bertson said:
Hi,
I've tried in vain to successfull hook up my DVD Recorder (with HD) to my Sky digibox and my TV,
Basically I want to be able to record from SKY to my DVD HD

I've folled the instructions to a T, but I'm sure I missing something

Any ideas
What's a DVD HD?

HD-DVD and Blu-Ray recorders are not due out until March at the earliest in the US.

The HD part of DVD recorders like the Samsung DVD-HD950 refers to DVD upscaling to high-definition (720p or 1080i) which is essentially "line doubling" technology to use the increases pixel resolution of the display, by interpreting the content and "guessing" at the missing pixels.

All of this is of course irrelevant to your existing question, but it is best to remove distractions and focus on the problem.

You will need to connect the Sky decoder to the recorder via an RGB SCART cable, and connect the recorder to the tv via LINE2OUT and some audio/video cables, or via HDMI or Component video cables if it supports this.

There is a good article on connections [broken link removed].