Hook Head Humpback can be seen from shore. South of Baginbun Head, Hook Peninsul, Wex

Brendan Burgess

Founder
The Humpback Whale is still around and is quite close to the shore.

This must be the best chance to see a Humpback breaching that any of us will have for some time.

The Irish Whale and Dolphin Group is reporting on its progress.

[broken link removed]

Brendan

Re: Hook Head Humpback can be seen from shore. South of Baginbun Head, Hook Peninsul,

For those of you who are geographically challenged Ive added the precise location as reported by IW&DG. Just south of Baginbun Head, Hook Peninsula, Co Wexford.

Re: Hook Head Humpback can be seen from shore. South of Baginbun Head, Hook Peninsul,

Isn't it absolutely beautiful to watch even on telly :)

I was very lucky to go on a whale-watching trip last summer in Brier island, Nova Scotia.

http://www.brierislandwhalewatch.com/.

One breached very close to the boat.

They have awful bad breath. There were 6 whales together which we were told was unusual.

I must try and make it to see Hook

Marion

They have awful bad breath. ...
God decided to leave them that way as they have nowhere to keep whale-sized toothbrushes and toothpaste. :)

I suspect that there's a good reason for not having toothbrushes. They are baleens.

The males are very good at singing - apparently - just like Lex who is liable to burst into song in his comfortable watering hole. :)

Marion

I suspect that there's a good reason for not having toothbrushes. They are baleens.

The males are very good at singing - aparently - just like Lex who is liable to burst into song in his comfortable watering hole. :)

Marion

You probably think I sing like this, Marion........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WabT1L-nN-E

I actually sound way better! ;)

Back