Hong Kong visit - shopping?

Thinfield

Going to HK for a short work-related visit. I will have a day or two to have a look around..

I hear it is a great place to purchase a great value suit?

Has anyone done this - any recommendations?

A guy where I work was in Hong Kong recently and he got a tailor-made suit for about €130; I know that you would get cheaper in places like Thailand and Vietnam (where I got one for €70) but €130 is still way less than you would pay in Ireland

be carefull we went the other year all the designer shops are no cheaper than here, and a lot of the made to measure suits fall to bits when you get then home.

be carefull we went the other year all the designer shops are no cheaper than here, and a lot of the made to measure suits fall to bits when you get then home.

I agree, I was there a few months ago and shopping was not cheap. There seemed to be markets galore which were very trashy or Top End Designer Shops and nothing much in between.

Jewelry can be reasonable....but be careful to buy from a reputable shop. I bought a watch a few years back for about €350. Same one here cost €900.

Best to know exactly what you want to buy if it's in the line of cameras, electronics etc.

Do a search on here, as there as other suggestions from a few years back.

We've just returned from a 4-day stay in HK as part of our honeymoon and most of the tailors I saw were in Kowloon, just a short hop on the ferry from Hong Kong Island where we were staying.

There are lots of tailor shops around in Kowloon (and probably also in Hong Kong Island) and we were constantly approached by people on the street offering cards for tailor shops nearby. If I remember correctly, the hotel brochure will probably also have information on tailors, so you could try asking advice from your hotel?

It was our first time in Hong Kong and we both loved it! A busy, hectic place and the shops stay open until 11pm - hurrah!

CMCR.

I went to this guy

rajafashions.com

He's the tailor who visits Dublin occassionally so if there is a problem you have some comeback. 3 years later and the suits are still in perfect condition.

+1, can be pricey depending on your choice of fabric but excellent quality