Honeymoon Trip please advise

aura

Honeymoon trip.

Hi everybody, I’m looking for advice on a honeymoon holiday around September. Now before I start we are heading to New Zeeland and Australia over the Christmas for our main honeymoon (four week break ssia) but I am looking for recommendations for a two week break at the beginning of September. My good lady has suggested Malta but I’m not so sure. I have looked at trip advisor but I am looking for some home turf suggestions.

Many thanks
Aura

When you say 'home turf' suggestions - if you mean in Ireland, I can think of plenty of places for a short break but to be honest I'd be struggling to recommend anywhere for two weeks...

No ideas for Ireland I'm afraid but how about Santorini? It's really beautiful (romantic sunsets etc) and weather will be lovely in September. I think a few companies do packages or you could bag some cheapish flights and sort your own accommodation. I'll be doing a bit of island-hopping in Sept so might end up there myself!

[broken link removed]

Sorry for the vague sentence of home turf. I should have said travelling from Ireland to …?
Many thanks
Aura

Hi my hubbie and i toured around Italy last Sept ifyou dont want the usual package deal, we booked accomodatio on venere.com as we went, and used public transport. So easy - 5 nights Rome, 2 Florence, 7 in Sorrento.
Took in all key sites in Rome & Florence - wow... plus Vesivus, Pompeii & Capri etc. pm me if you want more details - enjoy!

We used venere a few years ago and found them brill - didn't have to pay until we were checking in to a place

Have to agree with Silvergirl. Just back from my honeymoon. Went to Rome, Venice and Amalfi using rented apartments and the train. Absolutely fantastic and easy. Let me know if you want the websites.

Thanks guys,

Have a fantastic weekend! And thanks for the advice! I'll keep a close eye on this thread for suggestions!
Thanks again
Aura

Hi guys, wouldn't mind bumping this thread up as I'm still looking for suggestions? Cheers!

Hi Aura,

Can you give more details on what type of things you and your wife-to-be would like to do on the holiday?

Since you are going to Oz and Nz in Dec, I suppose you want short-haul.
In september the weather is nice all over europe - so weatherwise you can pick any country.

Shall you want a week relaxing on the beach? Since its a honeymoon do you want pure luxury, or are you happy to rough it a bit? Do you want culture/activities/excursions/spa/sports etc? Any particular area or food preferences?
The list of possibities is endless - I dont know where to start recommending places!
Give some more info, and I can give you a few of my favourites..

Cheers,
Ragazza

We honeymooned earlier this year in the States. We spent a fortnight there in total: we visited Manhattan, San Francisco and finished up at the Bellagio in Vegas. The best trip ever! Would do it all again in a New York minute

that sounds ideal....im planning my honeymoon for next august(plenty of time), my fiance has backpacked with me for two years so i dont think i would be able to get her to travel too much when in Italy!
Where would you recommend for 5-7days to relax in Italy
Cheers big ears...

Hi there would you mind giving me name of accommodation in sorrento many thanks