honeymoon thailand

mskildare

Hi, We're going to Thailand on honeymoon next month. Have 2 nights in Bangkok, 3 in Phi Phi and 6 in Phuket. Any recommendations on things to do, places to go etc?

Also do we need to get vaccinations? Have asked few people and mixed answers. Some say yes but friend of my parents who is a nurse was there at the beginning of the year and was told she didn't need any as she wasn't backpacking and was staying in nice hotels/resorts.

Tks!

Ask a doctor..and they'll tell you what ones you need but the answer is yes. Unless you stay within the hotels and don't eat or drink anywhere else...you need the shots.

2 nights in Bangkok is very little. I would recommend Royal Thai Dining in Bussacarum off the Silom Road. Grand Palace is a must see, also Jim Thompson's house, the teak palace, the reclining buddha...loads to do in Bangkok. If the weather is bad then the aquarium in the massive shopping centre...can't remember the name right now...is AMAZING

We've been to Thailand and our GP told us we didn't need shots so I can see where your confusion lies - we kept to the resorts though, no jungle trekking.

If you want to get a suit made then try
Chao Phraya Suit
716 Krungkasem Road
Bangkok.

I got a suit made in 2005 and it's still perfect (well maybe a little tight)

You need vaccinations for the places you mentioned. They are only necessary if you are travelling to rural areas of Thailand or to other countries in the region such as Cambodia.

So do we need vaccinations. Are Phi Phi and Phuket considered rural areas of Thailand? HAte needles but obviously if we need to get them we will!

Medical advice should only be taken from a doctor, not an online forum. A phonecall won't cost you anything.

I spent my honeymoon in Thailand! I was in Krabi, Pucket and Bangkok.
Krabi is great, puchet ... mmmm don't like. Bangkok visit the floating market and brought along a camera. Search my photos on flickr member name "matrimoniosposa".

For those traveling from Italy, the vaccination is not required.

Ask a doctor..and they'll tell you what ones you need but the answer is yes. Unless you stay within the hotels and don't eat or drink anywhere else...you need the shots.

That's simply not true. What do you think you will catch by eating outside hotels?

You won't need vacinations for the areas that you are visiting. You only really need the shots if you are going treking up North in places like Chang Mai and beyond. Maybe up to date Tetanus but that is handy here, never mind Thailand. I have been to Thailand a few times and only got vacinations when going into the jungle and when I was visiting surrounding countries.