Honeymoon - Thailand

mskildare

Hi,
Heading away on honeymoon in August and thinking of Thailand. Where would people recommend? Which islands would have best weather in Aug/ most suitable for honeymoon etc.
We were thinking of doing 2 islands during the trip - perhaps Phuket and Phi Phi and then also an overnight stay in Bangkok.
Any recommendations for hotels/ resorts etc?

Looking at flights at the moment and most direct ones are via LHR or Abu Dhabi. Not much of price difference. Suppose with the flights just depends on how we want the flight time broken up.

Thanks in advance!! :D

It will be rainy season but it's convectional rain fall. 5 minutes of rain then the sun come out again, It might also rain throughout the night up north. Ko Samui will be lovely. Don't let people saying it's rainy season put you off. Thailand is brill.

Do 2 days in Bangkok, fly up to Chiang mai for a few days and then head down to Ko samui.

Etihad airlines are really good, Best airline I've ever flown with.

Went to Thailand for my honeymoon. Loved it. If you like diving you will love Ko samui. I was there in June a few years ago. It rained in the evenings for about a half hour. People are very frendly and would love to go back.

It will be rainy season but it's convectional rain fall. 5 minutes of rain then the sun come out again, It might also rain throughout the night up north. Ko Samui will be lovely. Don't let people saying it's rainy season put you off. Thailand is brill.

Do 2 days in Bangkok, fly up to Chiang mai for a few days and then head down to Ko samui.

Etihad airlines are really good, Best airline I've ever flown with.

Did Bangkok, Chang Mai and Samui myself. Definitely recommend a few days in Chang Mai. Bangkoks a bit crazy but worth a day or two especially for the standard of the hotels. Samui was great and definitely do some diving if you can.

Dont go cheap on the long haul part of the flights. I flew China Air and nearly found god during the flight.

Yep agree, Bangkok and then Samui for a relaxing few weeks. Change Mai might be hard work on a honeymoon but nice too.

Back