honeymoon- short or long

howareya

Hi,

Can i get some tips off people.

I am getting married later this year and myself and the other half are trying to sort out our honeymoon at the moment.

One travel agent said not to bother heading off for a month as we would be dying to get home to move into the new hse and find out what people taught about the wedding.

We were thinking of heading to Australia and New Zealand but would a month be long enough? I would really appreciate some help. We haven't got a clue what to do. We are open to suggestions.

Thanks

why would a month be too long to go exploring?
You have the best excuse in the world to take the time off.
The house will be there when you get back in 2 or 4 wks! And knowing what people think of the wedding.....well of course they are going to say it was fab!

go and enjoy your honeymoon while you have the chance and have to return to deal with grown up stuff - mortgages, decorating and bills!

I'd be inclined to agree. Different matter if you were planning on spending a month on a beach somewhere in Europe, but going that distance and travelling around you'll need planty of time. As for people back here and getting back, well, they'll wait.

One thing I would recommend though is that you spend the first week or so just relaxing: it'll take that long just to wind down from wedding madness etc.

One final bit of advice is to ignore all the advice (!) and go with what feels right for you. My guess is that you're being inundated with (well meaning) advice on what you should or shouldn't do for the wedding. Try and remember it's your time: you'll have a ball I'm sure.

Hi

I'm just back from honeymoon in thailand which was just over 2 weeks long, this was perfect as it was a week of sightseeing different parts and then a week of relaxing on beaches,

I spent 6 weeks touring Oz, Nz with my then fiance and 4 weeks was sufficient to see New Zealand over 10 days and Sydney, Melbourne, Great Ocean Road and Byron Bay for the remainder

I spent 2 weeks travelling between brisbane and cairns solo and this was sufficient time also

Hi, my sister got married last year.

she was insistant about being here for a few days after the wedding to catch up and see how everyone enjoyed themselves.
she got married on a Friday and headed off the following Tuesday afternoon so the wedding went on for the whole weekend. Just an idea for you. There was lunches and meals and nights out with all the friends after the big day, looking at photos etc. was a fab weekend so I can see where you're coming from with that.
would be nice to have a few days to wind down after the wedding then head off on honeymoon no one says you have to go straight after you get married, take a few days to get organised and look forward to it.

As for the length of time...if you both can take a month and go and spend it to 2gether after you are married then deffo go for it. Why not?
sounds like bliss to me !! Just what you'll need after the stress of the wedding.

C.

We took just under 3 weeks in Malaysia and I was dying to get home! You might go crazy if you take a whole month. There's a strange lure of your own bed!