Honeymoon.Lake Garda-Orient Express

npgallag

Looking to book honeymoon for early sept. this year and was planning to Fly to verona, stay around Lake garda for 5-6 days, travel to Venice and get the Orient express back to London or Paris and fly home..Anyone any experiences of these locations and suggestions on hotels, flights and transport from Lake garda to venice..? Thanks for your help.

i'm looking at hotels in lake garda at the moment and as I don't know the area it's very difficult.

what I'm doing is using venere.com to list all hotels based on rating and then just going through ones in my price range that score well, and that look nice.

I stayed in Riva del Garda a couple of years back at the top end of the lake where I could hop on the local ferry and visit Malcesine and Limone. Other places I visited were Garda (lovely) Bardolino (lovely) Sirmione (very touristy). The Malcesine side of the lake gets the setting sun whereas the Riva del Garda and Limone side were in the shade from about 4.30 in the afternoon. I was not hugely impressed with Verona but always like Venice. Local buses visit each town. If I do it again I won't base myself in one hotel I would rather spend a couple of days at each end of the lake visiting the local towns on either side.

we went to venice for 2 nighs last year which we loved and then we spent 3 night in Sirmione which was lovely but very touristy and quite at night as most people who were staying there seem to be older coach tourist . We went by ferry to Malchesine which we thought was lovely , much livelier and lovely walking areas and good sporting facilities ie boating sky diving etc It is a lovely area and you can go all over the lake you will enjoy. I cant give you any info on the orient express but I think it would round up your trip perfectly enjoy

Back