Honeymoon in Florida

slookie

Hi....after nuch deliberation we have decided to fo to Florida on the honeymoon in January. looking for somewhere on the west coast, a resort on the beach or close to it, and also close to nightlife, shopping, restaurants etc. Can anyone recommend somewhere ideal maybe 4 star....all help appreciated.

dont know any hotels there but sarasota on the west coast is nice, dont know about staying the whole time in the same place though. florida has too much to offer not to drive and go to orlando and the disney parks, miami and especially the florida keys. we did that two yrs ago and it was fab

I would recommend Key West. It is amazing! Way different to anywhere else in the States. There is something for everyone there. And you are sure to find a really romantic spot to stay in for your honeymoon.

Hi, Sanibel Harbor Resort and Spa near Sanibel Island. Beautiful modern hotel in the 'old Floridian' style, small beach, beside the causeway to the huge beaches on Sanible Island, sports facilities, a tennis academy, a huge spa, even their own yacht which can be chartered for an evening. Large apartments and luxurious hotel rooms. Very luxurious.
Fly to Fort Meyers.
Hth

key west is indeed beautiful but again for two weeks there is not enough .you have to travel around. why not a few days near disney, then miami and then the keys

key lime inn in key west is class

Limerick boy...what do you recommend doing as regards hotels. Just drive from place to place and book as u arrive. Or have it all planned out before hand and have 1 or 2 nights booked in each place and drive around?? What did you do at the time?

we booked the first couple of nites and then went on the web the day before we checked out and sorted the next place. we werent on our honeymoon though so we didnt stay in luxury hotels.we stayed in fine hotels but not 5 star luxury.

is fabulous for hotels. just bear in mind if there are 10 reviews for a hotel and 7 are good then that means the hotel is perfect. no hotel gets 10.

why not sanibel island luxury resort as an earlier poster said ( u need some luxury on ur honeymoon) , then rent a mustang and cruise around to miami , and the keyes. the keyes are beautiful. there is great nite life in miami and the keyes. not like ireland but way better in my opinion. PM me if you want more info. i dont check these posts very often

Would highly recommend the east coast of Florida..... Fort Lauderdale is beautiful.... Miami well worth seeing. If there do a trip to the everglades.... try Billie Swamp Safari and their airboat tour. Drive to the Florida Keys and whilst Key West is fantastic take a relaxing day or two in Islamorada.

the everglades are class. loads of crocodiles.

3 nites in miami is loads though. hotels there are unreal expensive- well the ones near south beach are anyway

Back