honeymoon in dubai aug 07

W

wpower

hi, considering dubai for honeymoon in aug 07 for 15 nights, just wondering whether to book honeymoon package from travel agent or to book flights and accom seperately. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I would have thought that 15 nights in Dubai would be a bit long. There is not an awful lot to do there and it could all be easily done in a week. Many people combine a trip to Dubai with somewhere like Mauritius or the Maldives for a honeymoon. Also bear in mind that Dubai in August will be searingly hot.(40-45 degrees by day and not much cooler at night) Agents like Tropical Places or Sunway do competitive packages with two stops which might be a better option.

The climate in Dubai in august is appalling 42 to 48 deg. 100% humidity. You wont last more than 15 mins by the pool. October to March is beautiful but forget Dubai mid summer. That's why the hotels are so cheap then. Ive been there on business and even though i was only exposed to the weather going from hotel into taxi and back I had to shower and change twice a day.

For a honeymoon absolutely mad I'd say.

do in online booked mine last year my wife spent alot of time going to travel agents and online was alot cheaper

I went to Dubai for my honeymoon last August. Stayed for 7 nights which was long enough. As previous posters mentioned theres not that much to do and the nitelife is very poor. Also it is unbearably hot, can't do much during the day as so warm and not much better at nitetime.

From my limited (and I stress third hand) observations most of the night spots were populated by eastern european hookers.

Not conducive to a happy honeymoon methinks.

would recommend Madinat for that time of year as it is an arabian style palace with three hotels and plenty of entertainment, restaurants etc.

With two weeks I would also recommend a trip to Abu Dhabi where the Emirates Palace hotel is amazing...not a lot else around there but nice drives and we went out to a place called Liwa Oasis to see what the country was really like before construction !..quite spectacular.

Also driving north in to Oman is amazing so I would recommend a night in Musandam. If you are interested in diving or any such sports, a trip across to Muscat could also be in order.

In my experience there, there is no shortage of things to do, if you make a bit of an effort !

there are eastern european and many other nationalities of hookers if you look hard enough but they tend to target "high fliers" !!

Back