Honeymoon ideas

gInvestor

Honeymoon ideas for June. Hoping on 2 weeks, 1 on the beach and 1 sightseeing/vegas/mexico or alike.. not sure of the weather but would like to ensure we have plenty of sun.. thanks for your help

Hi, on our honeymoon, we like yourself, wanted to relax first before going mad so what we did was LA for 4 nights as there are lovely beaches, restuarants etc, very relaxing, one day excursion at univeral studios, then we headed on for 4 nights to Vegas, great craic, if you go there stay in Caesar's, the most central and beautiful (don't mind agents recommendations, ours threw us in the Luxor, alright decor and too far out) and then we headed over for 5 nights to New York, (stayed in Fitzpatricks, heaven) again fantastic, took in phantom of the opera, top the range steaks and many dry martini's! Wouldn't have changed any of it, well bar the Luxor for Caesars.

If you are looking at the USA have a look at the possibility of:

Flying into Miami for a few days (great beaches), get an internal flight to New Orleans (culture/sightseeing/good craic/relaxation) get another internal flight and hit New York or Vegas on the way home for a bit of shopping and some more sightseeing.

Its great to relax on a nice beach if the flight bothers you head off to Mexico, I wouldnt fancy it for 2 weeks. If somewhere like the Bahamas appeals to you its somewhere you would want to be spending most of the 2 weeks because of the distance (jetlagg and time travelling).

Have done a few road trips on East and West coast of States, road trips give you great flexibility, little bit of mystery and a lot of fun if you are happy enough to drive over there (with a sat nav of course!!)

Or you could do what we did. Drove down to Co. Clare and stayed in Ennis for one night. Drove from there to Dublin and stayed with two sets of friends for a couple more nights (25+ years ago).

I always advise honeymooners to stay local (i.e. Europe) mainly because after the wedding ye are usually completely drained and long haul travel can make you wrecked thus you spend the first few days of your honeymoon travelling or exhausted. Italy, Greece, Spain, Croatia etc.

Honeymoon ideas, eh ? If female I suggest talking to your ma or some good friends who are already married - they can explain what happens. If male just do what she says on the night and you'll be grand.

z

Honeymoon ideas, eh ? If female I suggest talking to your ma or some good friends who are already married - they can explain what happens. If male just do what she says on the night and you'll be grand.

z

just another reason not to get married

We got married in St Lucia and then when on to Barbaods spent a week in each of them and would not change it for the world.olny a bit of jet lag and the flight is olny 9 hours from gatwick .

We went to Croatia and it was lovely but even in May it was sweltering on the mainland. Even on the coast it was way too hot for me. However there are about a million islands off Croatia. If you like sailing on blue seas around gorgeous islands with medieval walled towns Croatia is magic. There are some lovely honeymoon hideaways round there if you fancy some time doing nothing!

We got married in St Lucia and then when on to Barbaods spent a week in each of them and would not change it for the world.olny a bit of jet lag and the flight is olny 9 hours from gatwick .

just back from barbados. check out the crane resort . class for a honeymoon. st lucia is all inclusive kind of thing, too poor

Hear hear.