Honeymoon Ideas

sg1

Hi all,
We are getting married in October and are looking for ideas for different honeymoon locations in late Oct. early Nov. I've searched through this forum and found some great ideas but think I'm more confused now than when I started looking! One idea that does appeal is a bit of a sunholiday followed by a stay in New York or possibly San Francisco. Peoples questions on this forum seem to be about the city part first then the sun break. We would prefer the other way round, a bit of R&R in the sun and then a few days in the city. Can anyone recommend somewhere for the sun aspect (bit wary of it being hurricane season in Caribbean) We are happy enough not going through travel agents but the internet is a big place and a few places to start searching would be great.

We did city (Hong Kong) first and then Bali. If we were arranging again we'd do it the other way around as we were knackered with wedding and long flight etc.

maldives for a week, then vegas for some gambling and drive to san fran then

We went to Cuba in June 2006 for our honeymoon and that was hurricane season too. We had a tropical storm while we were there but they are very well prepared. Carribean hurricane season runs from June to November I think

Hi we got married last March and stayed first 3 days in Singapore, on to New Zealand then to Fiji and final stopover spent 4 days in San Francisco. Could you maybe do two short city breaks with sun holiday in the middle? We were wrecked after wedding and spent most of stopover in Singapore in a daze but were 100% rejuvinated for NZ, then Fiji was a total chill out. October/November is perfect time of year to visit San Fran - weather is ideal and its not as packed with tourists. Enjoy all he planning and most of all enjoy the big day and your wonderful honeymoon!

If you want to stop in a US city on the way home, it could be worth considering Hawaii for the sun. Its a further 5/6 hours from the west coast but a great spot for R&R. We did a trip to Maui last summer and stopped in Florida on the home, booked it ourselves rather than a package and it worked out well.

Back