Honeymoon destination

howareya

Can anyone give me any personal experience. haven't a clue where to go. We don't want to go to America.

Was going to say Las Vegas or Hawaii (not Honolulu), definitely different. Any particular reason why you prefer to stay away from our neighbours to the west?

a little more info would help, after all suggesting Australia probably wouldn't work if you are only planning a week!
Which month? Duration? Budget?
There are a few threads out there with various suggestions already, but a little more info would help.

sorry guys, haven't a clue.

the only reason i say not america is because we have gone to america every year for the past 6 years some times twice a year. so i think we want a change of continent.

We are thinkin anything from 2 weeks to 1+half months.

I was told by travel agent that if we go away for say a month we will only be longing to get home. So i'm just looking for past experiences please.

Oh one other thing a holiday where all thats involved is lazing beside a pool or on the beach doesn't appeal to either of us.

Egypt, long lazy days floating down the Nile with the odd interruption of visiting fantastic temples. Great food and entertainment on the river boats and you are treated like a King/Queen (delete as required) while on board.

Later, you could go to the Red Sea coast where snorkling and scuba diving is probably the best in the world. I would warn you that the nightlife is a bit tame to say the least but most of the big hotels put on entertainment for tourists.

I wouldn't bother with Cairo again myself but the Pyramids are one of those things that everyone should visit once in their life.

if budget and duration aren't really a consideration, why not look at a round the world ticket, build one that suits you both.... ie Dub - Hong Kong - tokyo - sydney - LA - dublin.... if you can't find inspiration on a single location, why not look at a few. Combine some inexpensive hotels with some luxury ones, so you get a different view of each city.

Ah thats not a bad idea. I wonder what the other half will think of that suggestion.

What about kenya for 3 weeks,10 ways safari,the rest by the beach.Did this for our honeymoon and it was magical. Safaried around Nairobi (can't remember park names),sunrise safari drives every morning and sunset,unbelievable food and accomodation,then 2 weeks in Mombasa at a 5 star hotel backing onto the beach.
Kuoni was the travel agent,not sure if this is your cup of tea.

We did that a few years back. 2 weeks in South Africa, 3 nights in Sydney, 2 weeks in a resort in the Whitsundays, 4 nights in Vegas and 3 nights in New York.
Flights were those Trailfinders round the world ones (about 1600 each I think) For accomodation you can tailor it to your budget.
Great trip though

We went to Sri Lanka for 3 weeks - booked flights through trailfinders and did the rest ourselves, stayed in a mix of 5 star and guesthouse accommodation and we had a driver/guide for the road trip part. It was a brilliant trip but I say to all honeymoon planners now that a long-haul might not be the best idea after a wedding. We were exhausted the first couple of days. It was the best holiday ever though.
I would say in hindsight, there is alot to be said for doing a European destination in style.

You obviously like America but want something different. Try Cancun in Mexico. If you want a lazy beach holiday beside fantastic pool/sea stay in the Hilton there. Depends when you are going though, area can be prone to tropical storms.
It is a very difficult decision to make. I'm getting married in June and we still haven't decided for sure. The Maldives is the current option. Egypt too hot, likewise Dubai, South Africa too cold, Australia too far away etc

He said he didn't want a lazy by the beach/pool holiday!!