Honey Bees

How unbelievably stupid some people can be. Burnt the swing, polluted the atmosphere, didn't solve the overall problem and could have caused a lot more damage with the fire or put people's lives at risk

I saw a brilliant David Attenborough documentary on dvd last week - basically if all the bees in the world died humans would be gone as well in four years - with muppets like this I don't hold out much hope for us!

How unbelievably stupid some people can be. Burnt the swing, polluted the atmosphere, didn't solve the overall problem and could have caused a lot more damage with the fire or put people's lives at risk
Well they did solve the problem but a bucket of water or a power hose would have sorted it out as well.

What a headbanger ....

Sadly, Ireland is also falling victim to colony collapse and another disease ... I think its called verroa.
Impact on food production could be very pronounced globally and research to solve the issue is not being funded. Nothing will probably happen until food production productivity/prices are impacted.

The age profile of beekeepers is also a cause for concern in this country...... most are 50 years +

A complete idiot alright, dare I say a typical redneck and the same goes for those who posted in response. What a crowd of muppets. BTW, swarming bees don't sting so his 'heroism' was pointless.

No, I guess not. Its not like its a bunch of puppies or something. I'm sure the bees could of flown off if they'd thought of it?

No, I guess not. Its not like its a bunch of puppies or something. I'm sure the bees could of flown off if they'd thought of it?

Yeah, nothing to do with the fact that smoke disorients them and makes it nearly impossible for them to fly . Not you in that video is it??

Lads lads, I'm sorry if I find that funny - I'm not saying its right - I'm not even debating how smart a bee actually is. I'm not in fact saying anything about how right and wrong this is - I'm just saying that I found that page funny. Because it is.

I'm intrigued to figure out what you actually find funny on that page? Is it the OP and his way over the top methods of dealing with the harmless swarming bees or is it the responses to the OP with all the back-slapping idiots with their 'Yeah, Whoo, Go Man, show those bees what happens when they try to mess with super-dooper America, America rules Man' attitude?

To be honest, its not the burning of the bees - thats not the funny part. Its yer man and his gung ho attitude. The posters afterwards and their comments too. I agree killing bees is probably not a very cool thing to do but for goodness sake, this is not going to have Bono preaching at Croker next month. "Everytime I click my finger, a bee dies..."
Get real people - stop being so serious.