Honda Stream 2002,(jap import)its a great car: disable loud beep in reverse?

S

steelkeno

hi i have just bought a honda stream 2002,(jap import)its a great car but when you put it in reverse it makes a loud beep which is meant to be a safety feature. is there any mechanics out there who know how to turn it off,i have looked for a fuse for it but there does"nt seem to be one ?

Re: honda stream

To be quite honest if that is a safety feature I would leave it as it is. This is a warning sign to anyone who is walking behind your vehicle or intends to walk behind your vehicle that you are in reverse. This safety features are a good thing and especially for visually impaired people who may not be able to or cannot see clearly the reversing lights.

I will be shortly getting a honda stream 2003 (import) - I took it out for a test drive last week and the garage is getting it nct'd etc. I thought the rear sensor feature was great and will help me with my parking. And the folding wing mirrors were clever too.

What do you think of the car. There aren't many out there on the roads but I loved it when I took it out for a test drive.

HI there,
I have a honda stream and love it, great car plenty of space and lots of features,(automatic 1.7) I have had it for 18 months, but I am going to change it for a diesel estate car, in the process of looking. What type of milage do you do and is it short trips

Mileage would be 5-7k miles p.a. (mainly whizzing around the suburbs and the odd trip away) so no point in us going for a diesel. We already have a mid-90s civic which has only 90k miles on it, we'll be keeping that for a few more years, very reliable cars.

The Stream felt really well put together on the test drive - cd player/speakers need upgrading though to something with a lot more bass!

I have a Honda Stream 02 2 litre Sport (Irish car non import) that I got a couple of months ago... am extremely happy with it, it was very reasonably priced as well , I think precisely because its not viewed as desirable as the likes of the Zafira etc they tend to be much cheaper (possibly the Zafira is slightly bigger but with 3 kids 8 and under, plenty of space for us)

Boot space isnt massive but the 3rd row of seats can be folded down and then its very spacious, its extremely nippy and apart from a bit of wind noise on the motorway very smooth drive. Lots of extras such as spot lights, alloys, good aircon and sunroof in the sports model but would agree about the cd player being a bit tinny!

MPG - roughly 310/320 miles to a full tank (approx 50 euro) which is with a heavy right foot for the 2litre version.

The only reason i am getting rid of mine is the short tpris to and from school and one trip 22 miles round trip hhas me robbed on petrol. Only get 470km (290ml) to a full tank of petrol (approx 28 mpg). Brought the car to honda to check that it was ok and they told me thats all you will get. Friends that have 1.9tdi engines doing the same run are getting 40 + to the gallon. Finding it hard to find a diesel with the same spec i have got use to unless you go for a comfortline in vw or elegance in skoda. I paid 17995 18 months ago and some of the trade in value are so funny going from 5000 up to a max of 11000.

Back