Honda Civic

Berbatov

Anyone got any info on the new 1.8L Honda Civic...heard they are retailing at €28k ...just wondering are they good value at that price and how economic would they be petrol wise and also what would their resale value be like .

It was reviewed in the Motoring Supplement of Wednesday's Irish Times. It was a favourable review as far as I remember. 140bhp engine with good acceleration and reasonable fuel economy though this won't be on the minds of most buyers. Being a Honda build quality will be excellent. Not too sure though about resale value. Hot or warm hatches tend to lose alot of value in the first couple of years. Younger buyers may run into insurance problems.

Great car and right up there with the Focus and Golf as the leading car in that sector.
With 28K you could get the Type S which has all the sporty styling cues as well.
Great reliability, great looks (personal view), not a commonly seen on the roads, has the look at twice factor and fantastic engines and good ride/handling.....and yes they do hold their value very well...probably the best of the japanese brands. Owners always love them...just look at the JD power polls (Topgear car owners)
I've often been puzzled as to why Honda has not done as well here say as VW. Maybe people reckon its 'the price for a japanese car' factor. There appears a reluctance to go for premium japanese products over the germans....we're all snobs i suppose. Honda in other countries see themselves competing against BMW and Audi....nevermind VW.
To cut the message short, yes honda civic one of the best cars in its class, especially if you like the styling. There is a cock pit feel about sitting in the drivers seat which I like. No doubt when I consider getting my next run around, the civic will be on the short list

Agree fully with the previous poster. I'm driving a Civic for the last year and easier best car I ever drove. Light, responsive, fun, sexy - its got everything I ever wanted and not a seconds trouble with it. Like Sunster I am amazed to see so few around the country. Its worldwide known as a very reliable economical car so strange to see so few here. From looking at second hand ones before I bought new, they seem to hold their value well, especially compared to other manufacturers.

Thanks all for replies...can't believe like previous posters have said that there are so few in this country of the newer civic models....defo one for the shortlist !