Homebase sofas/sofabeds

rabbits

I am looking at my first sofa purchase and am thinking of the Homebase Holden sofa. The thing is that none of the Homebase's around me (Dublin) have it in their showrooms that I have been able to find to see it in person. Does anyone have this? If so, is it ok as a main living room sofa?

I'm also considering getting the sofabed option, blowup mattresses take up a lot of room when used for guests.

I was looking at that sort of sofa /bed at the weekend in Des Kellys and they seem to have a good range did not buy but you could have a look Not connected with they in any way

Thanks, will take a look there. I did have a look around some places but I quite like the shape of the Holden one, neat but not complete squared. No way to know the quality though without seeing it first. :S

Was there any particular store you saw a good range in?

This sofa is a classic shape and colour. The drawbacks are:

1. There are loose cushions which will shortly after purchase slip down behind your back and move around and you will find yourself constantly plumping them up and putting them back into position and

2. There is a low back therefore no neck/head support when sitting down unless you slouch down and add another cushion behind your head.

Rabbits
The Kellys branch I was looking at was Sallynoggin but I guess they have the range in any of their shops another place to try could be Arromount (i think thats the name) they are in Fonthill retail park

Thanks for the pointers Vanilla. The sofa where I was renting had a low back so I got used to that and don't really mind it too much. Hmm...must think about the cushions. I think I definitely need to find it somewhere that I can sit in it first.

Dinjoecurry, I will take a look in those places....I know the Fonthill retail park so hopefully will get up there this weekend.

Back