Home security cameras

davfran

Hope someone can advise me on the best type of home securtiy cameras to buy. Range, cost , installation etc Thanks

Maplin do a range of these as well. Remember, if you're paying someone to install these, they must be [broken link removed] registered.
Leo

What is your budget , what will the cameras be used for, is there much light ie street light etc.
Installing CCTV does not come under the remit of the PSA

CCTV is covered in the legislation under the 'Supplier or installer of security equipment' sector.
Leo

Thanks for replies. I need a good day/night camera. Which one would you reccomend mercman for isolated rural area?

CCTV is covered in the legislation under the 'Supplier or installer of security equipment' sector.
Leo
Not true. You only need a license to install alarms

Thanks for replies. I need a good day/night camera. Which one would you reccomend mercman for isolated rural area?
RF Concepts have a good range of diy cameras. Something with IR will suit
[broken link removed]

Not true. You only need a license to install alarms

The the PSA site is incorrect. The legislation keeps it quite open in that it specifies 'security equipment', it does not narrow it down to 'alarms'.

The the PSA site is incorrect. The legislation keeps it quite open in that it specifies 'security equipment', it does not narrow it down to 'alarms'.
Eventually it will cover cctv, access etc but at the moment it only covers alarms.
Ring them