Home phone with message alert

Damo

I would be grateful if someone could recommend a good cordless phone for home use with an easy to use and clear message alert facility. I currently have a digital cordless phone and use the eircom messaging service. The problem is you don't get an alert hat you have a message - you have to keep phoning the service.

Thanks in advance.

We have a Panasonic phone in work, which lights up blue when there is a message, also displays it on the screen, ie.'1 call, 1 message'. Its very lightweight and slim design, silver, and stores 100 names, has caller I.D. and sents texts. It sits in a little cradle to charge I plan to get one for home myself. Think it was about 80 euro.

Hi Damo,

I don't think that there is a service/device that will tell you when you have a new message on the eircom messaging service (although I'm open to correction, maybe ring eircom?) - the message is stored on a machine in an eircom building and yes, you will always have to go and collect.

What roxy has is a phone with digital answering machine (I have the same one), roxy isn't using the eircom service at all.

Bear in mind you usually have to pay extra for phones with answering machine, check the Argos catalogue for a good selection - something like should do the trick

S.

Thanks for the replies. I had a phone with digital answering machine previously but the sound quality was poor and it was very difficult to hear the messages. Hopefully the quality of what's on offer has improved.

My 2 main requirements are the sound quality and the message alert.

Thanks. D.

Back