Home phone package- who is best

• Thread starter Holiday2006
  • Start date
H

Holiday2006

I am with Perlico and wondering if anyone can suggest an alternative provider- their customeer service is the worst i have experienced to date when i call and takes 1 week to receive reply by email!

Spoke with someone from Swiftcall after i submitted all my details online. They advised that they needed to have my details 'verified' and transferred me to what I expected was an internal section- Turns out it was www.interaction.ie who are 'Independent Verifiers' according to themselves! What does this mean?

I know friends who transferreed to Eircom, IFA Telecom and even myself when i moved to Perlico and did not go through any such process. In addition, I am reluctant to give my bank details etc to an outside compnay- totally 'unconnected' according to their agent to Swiftcall. Furthermore, she advised that they are registered with www.comreg.ie

Does anyone else know what this is all about>?

Be careful when talking to some providers (not necessarily the ones mentioned) on the phone. Some of them have been known to switch people to their service without explicit authorisation from the customer. Totally illegal and probably can be rectified but it could be hassle and Comreg are useless in this context if it does happen so don't expect much help for the consumer from them.

Can I suggest you also check out worldlink.ie as a pre carrier select .

You would need to have to return to Eircom for your line rental.

Also once back with Eircom, just use the following for all your calls ; Call13434 .

Cost is 5 cent connection fee for all calls and if you ring a landline in Ireland, Uk or US, you dont pay a cent more irrespective of how long you chat to your family or friends.

Calls to Irish mobiles are only 10 cents /min at all times! Calls to UK mobiles are only 9 cents/min!!!

I use them and am saving a packet in comparison to most of the deals out there. Having worldlink as the PCS means that if I inadverantly forget to ring 13434, I still pay pretty good prices and don't get stung by Eircom's very expensive prices.

Good luck

Forgot to say I was with Swiftcall several years ago and left them because of their lack of transparency in pricing. I haven't changed my opinion as they don't appear to have moved with the times and using a good pre carrier select is a better way to go in my experience.

They were also rather dear for calls so I suggest looking into the information in my last link might be of more long term use to you.

Back