home made passport photo

Lambda

Went to a pharmacy to get Digital photo printed in passport format,
€0.50 for printing normal 6x4 picture, but if you want to print as a passport format €6.... same paper, same ink ,same printer... does anyone knows about software which would automaticaly preformat document for passport format. (something resonably price may be free ) .

I have used Adobe Photoshop Elements for this. My wife got photos taken for our babies passport. They were not much good... So I took a photo, converted it to B/W (passports now have scanned B/W photos printed on a plastic page and an additional image burned through with a laser). I then resized the photo to the correct size. Result a clearer photo with smiling baby.

Towger.

Bear in mind passport photos have to be scanned afterwards, so you'd need a decent colour printer to produce an acceptable print. Edit: if black and white is acceptable, then Towger's suggestion of a mono laser printer is a good one.

I took my most recent passport size photos on my phone and printed them for €1.50 with PhotoBox. They needed to be in colour (US VISA application), so laser wasn't an option. PhotoBox can print standard EU or US passport sizes.

If you haven't used them before, you can also get 30 free normal prints in the same order. They are in the UK though, so it takes a few days.

Edit: they have a €2.50 P&P charge on top of the actual printing charge, so it doesn't work out that much cheaper. I don't remember paying this though, so maybe I got a special offer.