Home Insurance - getting multiple quotes

weyhey

I did a quick search and couldn't see a similar thread - if there is one please let me know where.

Is there an easy way to get multiple quotes for home insurance or do you have to fill out the whole form (name, address, email, home details, employment, etc. ) again and again?

Is there any drawback to putting in your real information e.g. could it stop you getting a better quote over the phone or independently (if using one of the comparison websites)?

Are there any comparison websites that are better than others?

Any advice greatly appreciated as I haven't renewed my FBD home insurance in 5 years due to it being such a pain to get quotes.

I agree that it can be frustrating to put the same information into web sites multiple times, but if you only do this for 5 quotes, you could (potentially) save yourself a LOT of money. Once you have those quotes, then make sure to contact FBD and ask them to match the lowest quote (assuming you are comparing like for like) and if they can't, then move to the lowest quote that you are happy with, assuming that the level of cover is sufficient for your needs.

The main issues with on line quotes are for things "not in the norm" - e.g. specified items that need to be covered (jewelry / ride on mowers / bikes / sheds etc). Different companies treat these differently, so these may need documentation and / or a call back from the provider to confirm cover requirements.

So, just set aside an hour of your time, to go through the work on line. It will be worth it.

Some companies will not be interested if the place is uninsured for the past 5 years.

Some companies will not be interested if the place is uninsured for the past 5 years.
He didn't say it was uninsured at any stage. OP has simply kept renewing with FBD each time without checking out other companies ( assuming I'm reading it correctly ? )

Is there any home insurance company that doesn't have a minimum premium.... or is there a smaller minimum than 157 euro anywhere?

Back