Home for Boxer Dog!

dubliner56

With great sadness we need to find a new home for our boxer dog. He is a beautiful dog, fantastic with children, loves being indoors. Due to our work schedule changing he is spending more and more time on his own for long periods. Our priority is to find a suitable home where he will have company on most days. He is 20mths old, IKC registered and he is neutered. Anyone interested can PM me if neccesary

hi there, www.irishanimals.ie have sections for breed rescues specific to breed, also might have a list of people waiting on specific dog types

I considered getting a au pair for our dogs when we were working so hard, someone just to loo after the dogs on a day alone, is there any neighbours might like to walk him during the day?

Would this be of any interest to you.

[broken link removed]

It's sad to have to find a new home for a pet. I had to do it once - no choice. But I would never do it again. It upset me too much.

I have my own dog for ten years and she is home alone a lot too but it does not seem to bother her.

I have my own dog for ten years and she is home alone a lot too but it does not seem to bother her.

While I'm sure you're not wrong - you know your animal best - I think its appalling to listen to the 3-4 dogs, locked securely in people's back gardens while there's no one at home, barking and howling forward and back at eachother in my part of the estate were I live.

I had cause to be at home before we all got off for Easter last week and heard this litany going on at various times from about 9am until late in the afternoon. The garden's aren't tiny, but I think its a terrible life for a dog - particularly a bigger one - to be so frustrated as to howl and bark all day.

I know the dogs are bored because at one point, I left the shed door open in my own back garden and it banged shut in the wind, causing a chorus of barks and howling to start again. Fair play that the OP puts the dog's quality of life first - rather than their own wish to keep a dog.

Have to agree with you Paulone! we thought long and hard about parting with Rocky, so our decison wasnt an easy one! having talked to some of our neighbours over a period of time we soon realised that Rocky was not happy being left for long periods. Whilst our neighbours did not complain directly, we were under no illusions that they had to endure Rocky barking and howling for periods throught the day... we had discussed the idea of having someone come to our house and sit for a while and take him for walks, but not too sure if we really like the idea of someone coming into our home... so our search continues for a good home for him!

I got a dog from Dogs in Distress last week a pure bred British Bulldog, the people there are great and I'm sure would find a great home for him. They have a really good website advertising the dog, all adoptions are home checked and then passed. So we really had to impress to get our dog so I think you could be assured he'll go to a great family. I only got my dog because I work from home so hes never left alone for more than an hour.

Many thanks to everyone for their suggestions and pm's.

We have just placed Rocky with a a fantastic family who we know will adore him.

Aw thats great am glad to hear that Rocky has a new home. A happy ending. Hope your ok

Thanks so much Steph1, I am very sad, but happy for Rocky, he will be well cared for so that gives me great comfort.